North Kildare Cricket Club was formed in 1928, originally known as the North Kildare Cricket and Tennis Club it was an amalgamation of clubs at Firmount (Clane) and Lucan. Membership and support for the new club came mainly from the Enfield, Dunboyne and Kilcock areas.
NKCC was affiliated to the Leinster Cricket Union in 1928 when a team was entered into the Intermediate League. The enormous interest shown in these early years was reflected by the addition of 2nd Team in 1928 and in 1930 the club achieved its greatest success of the period by winning the Intermediate Cup.
During the War Years the club experienced periods of inactivity, however in 1949 the club finished 8th from 10 in the Minor League. From this low point the progress over the next eight years was remarkable, promotion from Minor League through Junior and Intermediate to Senior II followed rapidly. During this period the club won the Minor and Junior Leagues in 1950 and 1955 respectively and reached the play-off of the Intermediate League in 1956.
The early 1960's saw a great upsurge of the club as a whole, money was raised, new members joined with playing pitches and Tennis Courts restored. Touring sides such as Oxfordshire and Grove Academy of England and Greenock from Scotland were entertained.